Followers

Thursday 26 March 2015

Hello! Janet Wilson here, founder of Dernier Publishing. Here at Dernier we produce Christian books for children and young people with the aim of encouraging and inspiring them in their faith, and to show non-church kids what they are missing!

I am delighted to welcome you to The City Kid blog - author Clive Lewis and I will both be bringing you information about the book - do read back at Clive's previous posts, with some lovely photos from the archives of a very young John Sentamu when the book was a play! Can you recognise him? :-) I understand he was excellent in both his roles (producer and lead actor)!


I was first alerted to the existence of The City Kid by a lady who knew the book from the '70s. Looking for Christian books for students, she stumbled upon Dernier, and wanted us to take a look. So we did . . . and I'm delighted that after discussions with Clive, we have now added The City Kid to our list of titles.

Clive has completely revised and updated The City Kid manuscript from the '70s original. We hope to be able to bring you the ebook version by the end of April, and will begin the paperback version as soon as finances allow, so please pray!

The City Kid is a story of redemption. A young lad moves from his quiet rural village to the city to find excitement. At first John has a great time; a good job with the government, nights in hotels with his beautiful girlfriend, a fast car - life is great. But as he falls into debt he gets caught up in corruption, and from then on his life starts to fall apart. Eventually, deserted by his girlfriend, jobless and penniless, John is in despair. But just as there seems to be no way forward, an old friend from school shares the good news of Jesus with John, who finds new life in Christ.

Young people need to hear this story of hope today as much as they ever did. I pray that many will be touched by the eternal message of salvation by God's grace.

Please pray with me and consider buying copies of this book for your young people's group - the harvest is ready. Be part of it.
Janet Wilson


Janet

P.S. Please follow the blog so we can keep you up to date with developments. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to get in touch with my friend and my teacher Clive Lewis. I am glad that the City Kid has been published. I would love to have the ebook. How can I get a copy? I was there from the beginning and i would like the lyrics of the songs. John was a great singer and actor. Sincerely, Dr. Stephen Mungoma

    ReplyDelete